Tidal Gardens visit Nathan to talk about the progression of his reef aquarium.
Last November Orphek brought to you an awesome video made by Tidal Gardens about their client’s tank – if you missed you can watch it now by clicking on the link above!).
If you have watched it then you remember that both 400-500 gallons tank (9ft L x 40″ W x 26″ H) and the frag tank (60″ L x 30″ W x18″ H) were in blank slate that were later filled with corals.
This week we are very excited to bring you an update of Nathan’s tank.
So let’s plunge into this awesome tank and see how Nathan hanged his Orphek lights; let’s check his beautiful LPS and SPS corals and his amazing fish!
Tidal Gardensl is a coral reef farm located in Copley, OH and supplier of high quality corals and you will be able to see their quality in this video.
We took some screenshots also from the video but we recommend that you watch the entire video because he is really covering EVERYTHING you need to know to start a reef tank:
0:00 Introduction 2:08 Previous 200g Tank 6:23 Why upgrade? 9:27 Wife on board 10:57 Water Clarity 12:49 Algae Control 13:58 Tang Talk 20:02 Substrate 23:31 Aquascape 25:50 Orphek Lighting 28:02 Hanging the Lights 29:41 Water Chemistry: Water Changes 30:37 Water Chemistry: Calcium Alkalinity Magnesium 34:04 Water Chemistry: Trace Elements 36:00 Weekly Maintenance 38:08 Regrets 41:53 Next Steps 43:13 Sump 46:19 Random Closing Thoughts 47:45 Conclusion and Credits
Watch Tidal Gardens video to see amazing corals, amazing close-up shots, the fish and of course, the equipment (Orphek included) used in this exquisite reef tank:
Check out also these amazing pictures!
Coral & Fish Gallery
Orphek lighting layout
As you remember from the first video, at first the lights were hanging from the ceiling and the Orphek hanging kit was used to mount his display, but later he decided that he wanted to hang them much higher, so he build a rail system to mount them. If you remember, in today’s video he said he will do a 3rd change to improve the looks between the lights. (we hope he will send us the final layout to share here…)
And if you got excited about the lighting of his tank here you can get more info about our products.
Watch our video to see everything you need to know about the Orphek Atlantik V4 Gen 2:
Still need to know more about this product?
For the company’s 10th year celebration we decided to rebuild the Atlantik series from scratch while keeping the same overall look, almost the same spectrum, and same power.
Our new model 2020 comes with NEW LEDs! Orphek is worldwide recognized by being the leader in LED Aquarium lighting solutions capable of delivering products that provide perfect intensity/efficiency.
We already offered dual chip LEDs, but our NEW 2020 dual chip LEDs are even greater!
What does it mean?
It means you are getting newer customized high efficiency 5w Dual-Chip power LEDs that are even more technologically advanced, therefore more efficient!
Our new LEDs will last longer than the previous Orphek LEDs because we have improved its life span!! Running at 50% our new 2020 model 5w Dual-Chip advanced LEDs are more resistant to higher heat and it offers the highest PAR longevity with really minimum loss over the years.
Not only that, we have also improved internal lens to make sure you are getting the best Orphek LEDs!
Why the New ATLANTIK V4 Gen2 is the best product Orphek has produced today?
- 14 new types of custom made dual core LEDs in the nanometer range from 380nm to 850nm.
- Renders most natural appearance to the tank form 10K to 50K
- Provides enough RED and IR LEDs needed
- Contains Full dimming capacity in all channels, 0-100% with progressive dimming.
- Provides IoT technology & Free apps available
- Gives the ability to control and program 200+ individual units!
- Provides the best PAR/PUR per watt;
- Highest Spectrum output
- Highest efficiency power supply.
What else Orphek Atlantik V4 G2 is offering?
- A LED light that is made of full body acrylic. Our light is not only solid and durable, but also beautiful to display.
- A LED light that has a length of 24.21” (615mm), a width of 9.37” (238mm) and a height of 2.11” (53.6mm) .
- A LED light that comes not with any driver, but with Mean Well driver (model HLG-240H-48A) – we give you what the market has best to offer!
- A LED light that comes with a customized plug for your region.
- A LED light that comes with a hanging kit with no extra costs.
PROGRAM/CONTROL/MONITORING (IoT) Connectivity & Monitoring
- Built- in Wireless Worldwide Remote and Local programming, control and monitoring
- Compatible with Wi-Fi/ 3G and 4G Internet connectivity
- Compatible with IOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android (Cell and tablet)
- Free apps available
- Ability to program multiple Atlantiks individually, in groups or in unison.
- Eight pre-installed programs/ unlimited custom programs and group programming.
- Large storage with capacity for additional programs.
- Sunrise / Sunset Full dimming capacity in all channels, 0-100% with progressive dimming.
- Strong clouds / soft clouds
- Demo Mode Color Change (Jellyfish Mode)
Remember that Orphek is the only company customizing spectrum for coral pop!
If you want to know more about it:
Best LED Light that make Coral Pop
Come check all about this product in our ATLANTIK V4 Gen 2 PRODUCT PAGE
- Orphek showcases a 600 liters reef aquarium under our Atlantik V4 Gen 2 – here you will see photos and a video to understand how our Atlantik V4 Gen2 is the best Reef Aquarium LED lighting for Optimal Coral Growth and Color and Color Pop.Atlantik V4 G2 2020 Model Reviews – here you will see the unboxing and much, much more!
- 2,000gal SPS Dominant Reef Tank in Minnesota – here you will see a huge amazing tank from the USA all lighted by Orphek!
- Atlantik Compact V4 Gen2 2020 video review testing by BRS – here you will have a complete review of our product with PAR measures, number of units needed and much more!
- Orphek Showcases Aquarium Layouts – here you will see many beautiful tanks under Orphek solutions, including the Atlantik V4 Gen2!
- 10 topnotch tanks that you wish you had – here you will see amazing tanks with many different layouts and Orphek solutions!
One more thing…
WHAT ABOUT THE GATEWAY? IS IT NECESSARY TO PURCHASE IT?
YES! YOU NEED TO PURCHASE ORPHEK MASTER GATEWAY. With the Orphek Gateway2 you will be able to enjoy fast, out-of-the-box setup & the ability to control and program your lights from anywhere in the world where internet access is available.
Check out Orphek’s Accessories!
Coral Reef Aquarium Lens Kit – Orphek Coral Lens Kit for smartphones is the latest and coolest Orphek gadget designed specifically for photography of corals and aquariums.
AZURELITE 2 Blue LED Flashlight – The Next Generation – The coolest Orphek gadget designed specifically for coral night feeding, colors & health checking and illumination.
Orphek (IoT) Master Gateway2 – to connect your Atlantik V4, Atlantik Compact (Gen 2 ) and your Amazonas 960 unit(s) to the ethernet & internet.
Anti-rust Aquarium Light Mounting Arm Kit – Orphek anti-rust Mounting Arm Kit is designed specifically for the installation and positioning of Orphek Aquarium LED illumination fixtures.
Universal Fixing Bracket Kit – Orphek Universal Fixing Bracket Kit is designed specifically for the installation and positioning of Orphek Aquarium LED illumination fixtures.
*All screenshots and images were taken from their video and belong to Tidal Gardens.
We would also like this opportunity to thank Tidal Gardens and Nathan for letting Orphek share this tank in our website.
About TIDAL GARDENS in their own words:
“Tidal Gardens is a coral reef aquaculture business located in Copley, OH. Through propagation, we supply high quality aquacultured hard corals, soft corals, mushrooms, polyps, zoanthids, and gorgonians to reef aquarists with little to no impact on the natural reefs.
The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals. We sell corals locally on an appointment basis as well as online through this website”.
If you also want also to share your passion for the hobby and your tank please contact us!