Orphek Helix Skimmers Remove Waste Fast video
This video clearly shows why Orphek’s Helix Protein Skimmers are the best skimmers on the market. The helix design vastly improves contact time in the reaction chamber while producing an enormous amount of very small micro bubbles. The increased amount of micro bubbles results in more waste being collected per hour than any other conventional protein skimmer on the market. It requires less space in the sump, unlike the large bulky skimmers that are commonly associated with larger tanks. The helix design in combination with the high rpm 6500 lph DC pump moves large volumes of water in a spiral like fashion into the reaction chamber. The helix further enhances the amount of micro bubbles produced. This tandem creates a high speed cylindrical water motion which increases contact time resulting in collecting a large amount of waste.
As the video shows, a bubble column forms fast after start up, unlike other skimmers on the market which take time to develop.
Why is our helix skimmer better than the competition? Because of our uniquely designed dual impeller and stainless steel spiral bubble diffuser that reduces the bubble size to increase more area for waste to adhere to. The results are more and smaller bubbles coupled with a high volume water movement into the reaction chamber. The high flow horizontal water column increases bubble contact time in the which allows more time for waste to adhere to the bubbles. Our unique bubble plate then diffuses the bubbles and reduces turbulence of the water entering the conically shaped riser tube which helps prevent premature bubble breakage of the nutrient rich bubbles entering the riser tube.
The new high volume 6,500 l/h DC controllable pump with controller offers high rpm impeller speed to move more water, more quickly, and more efficiently. There is also a feed button on the controller to prevent premature extraction of additives or liquid coral foods. With a DC pump and controller, you can now take full control of your skimmer to give you exactly the skim you’re looking for. The pump is very energy efficient, drawing only 40 watts of power at full rpm and features a long lasting durable ceramic shaft.
- High speed DC controllable pump moves more water more efficiently.
- Helix dual wheel design produces very small micro bubbles.
- White components dictate the same purity as the water the skimmer produces.
- High efficiency low energy use.
- IC protection in pump shuts pump down if no water flow or blocked impeller.
- Low noise level.
- Moves more water than conventional skimmers.
- Long contact time for more waste removal.
- Controllable pump allows fine tuning of skimming produced giving you exactly the skim you are looking for.
- Less heat transfer into the aquarium.
- Tested for 1.6 years to ensure reliability.
- Results, removes more waste than any skimmer in its class more efficiently.
- Produces nutrient free water, ideal for excellent coral growth and health.
- Reduces nuisance algae growth.
- More durable riser tube cemented in place.
- Drain valve added.
- Silencer now made of ABS plastic improves appearance as well as durability.
- Outlet components made of ABS plastic.
- Helix wheels now made of ABS plastic.
- Dual wheels can be easily disassembled to facilitate easy cleaning.
- Input components made of ABS plastic and all maintain the same directional angle ensuring direct flow into the reaction chamber.
- DC6500 pump now used increases flow rate by 24%.
Model: Orphek Helix 5000
Footprint: 370H x 320 x 545mm (14.43” x 12.48” x 21.25”)
Pump: DC OP-6500N
Wattage: 40 watts at full rpm (4.0 amps)
Maximum Head Pressure: 3.6 meters (11’.8”)
Pump Diameter: 220mm (8.58”)
Outlet Diameter: 50mm (1.95”)
Air intake Max: 2400 lph
Tank size 300-2500 L (75-640 gallons)
Energy efficient; up to 65% savings over conventional pumps.
IC electronic shut down protection against no water or blocked impeller.
Tough ceramic shaft decreases shaft wear significantly.