Orphek LED PCB Replacement Guide for Upgrading OR3 LED Bars
THANK YOU FOR PURCHASING ORPHEK PRODUCTS!
In this guide you are receiving detailed information on how to replace the LED PCB of your Orphek OR3 LED Bars and upgrade them.
We expect that you will use your system well for many years to come and look forward to hearing from you about your success.
We will guide you step by step, but if you still have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you are working on a dry, clean and steady surface.
- We suggest placing a dry towel or a soft fabric under your unit to ensure the housing is not going to be scratched or damaged.
- Make sure your Orphek OR3 LED Bar unit is dry and unplugged from the electricity. We suggest you pass a clean cloth all over the Orphek OR3 LED Bar, connectors and cables before starting.
- Please follow our instructions without skipping steps.
- Make sure to have the proper tools to open your Orphek OR LED Bar and to replace the LED PCB. If you do not have the skills or proper tools to do so, we suggest you bring a professional with the correct skills to assist you.
STEP 1 DISASSEMBLY OF YOUR ORPHEK OR LED BAR
1. Switch off your Orphek OR3 LED Bar and unplug from the electricity.
Disconnect the connectors as shown in pics 1 and 2.
2. Unscrew all screws found on the top acrylic and the screws of the aluminum lateral cap as shown on pics. 3 and 4.
Obs.: Please do this carefully not to scratch your top acrylic sheet. We also suggest you group all similar components and place them in an organized way to make the assembly process easier for you and also to avoid loosing pieces.
3. Remove carefully the aluminum lateral cap and disconnect the red connector found inside, as shown in pics. 5, 6 and 7.
4.Unscrew all screws of the aluminum cap at the other end of your Orphek OR3 LED Bar as shown in pic. 8.
5. Remove the top acrylic carefully and place it on the working surface, but far from the rest to avoid scratching it, as shown in pics. 9
6. Take the aluminum pieces out and remove all the LEDs’ lenses as shown in pic 11.
7. Remove all the screws placed on the PCB of your Orphek OR3 LED Bar and remove the LED PCB as shown in pic. 12 and 13.
Obs.: We suggest you group again all similar components and place them in an organized way to make the assembly process easier for you and also to avoid loosing pieces.
STEP 2 REPLACEMENT OF THE LED PCB AND ASSEMBLY OF YOUR ORPHEK OR LED BAR
1. Clean the surface of the heat sink with 99% isopropyl alcohol or a dedicated thermal paste cleaner or even just with a clean cloth to remove the old thermal/cooling paste. Let it dry completely.
Put a new thin layer of thermal/cooling paste on the LED PCB backside and then place the new LED PCB as shown in pics 14 and 15.
Obs.1: Orphek does not provide thermal/cooling paste, nor thermal/cooling paste cleaners. We suggest you buy a high quality one to preserve and protect Orphek high quality materials and components.
Obs.2: Avoid placing too much thermal/cooling paste to avoid spillage during assembly.
2. Place all aluminum pieces back (one piece for every 3 LEDs) to its original place remembering to place and screw all screws back, then place the LEDs’ lenses back to its original place, one by one as shown on pics. 16 and 17.
3. Before placing the top acrylic: Clean both sides your top acrylic with a wet cloth and then, using another dry cloth make sure to dry the top acrylic completely.
4. Once your top acrylic is dry, place it back on your Orphek OR3 LED Bar as shown on pic 18.
5. Place the aluminum piece of the aluminum lateral cap back to its original place and screw all parts all together until it is well fixed as shown in pics. 19, 20 and 21.
Obs.: don’t put too much pressure, just enough to be well fixed otherwise you can damage the acrylic top.
6. Reconnect the red connector and close the Orphek OR3 LED Bar, making sure you placed back all the wires inside as shown in pics. 22, 23 and 24.
7. Close aluminum lateral caps on both sides by placing them and screwing back all remaining screws as shown on pic.25.
Orphek does not provide the tools for disassembly/assembly.
As mentioned before, Orphek does not provide dedicated thermal/cooling paste cleaner, nor thermal/cooling paste.
When reassembling make sure to place all parts in its original place. If you don’t want to count on your memory we advise you to take pictures with your phone step by step of the disassembly to check them again when reassembling later on.