Orphek Atlantik / Atlantik Compact iCon Operation Manual
Thank you for purchasing Orphek Atlantik iCon!
In this manual you are receiving both Safety and Operational guides. Inside you will have not only detailed information about our product, but also all the information needed to install, connect and maintain your Orphek Atlantik iCon.
We expect that you will use your system well for many years to come and look forward to hearing from you about your success.
Please feel free to contact us at any time: email@example.com.
If you are experience ANY difficulty with your Orphek Atlantik iCon please contact us immediately!
Orphek’s Commitment to the Environment:
Loving Nature as we do and being conscious about the environment, we only develop products with significant positive impact in everyone’s life. By simply producing an efficient LED lighting solution Orphek is helping to reduce a great excess carbon dioxide, sulfur oxide and nuclear waste emissions that are currently being released into the atmosphere every day, leading to a cleaner world and one that will last much longer.
Our environmentally friendly lighting solutions produce no radiant heat, and they will not raise the aquarium temperature more than two degrees Celsius above the room temperature! Soon you will find out that by using Orphek LED lighting products, you will achieve more color and growth, with less cooling and electricity than metal halides or any other traditional form of lighting.
All that said, help us to protect our Nature by not printing this manual! We suggest you save it in your computer instead. Trees are as much important as marine creatures! And they help to balance the temperature of Mother Nature. You can also access the manual in our website and watch videos that will help you in a fun way.
Safety Guide for installation, cleaning and storing your Orphek Atlantik iCon
- Only authorized and qualified electrical workers should install, repair or perform maintenance on electrical equipments. But if you still opt to do it yourself: Check basic safety guides for electrical works before you install any electrical device by yourself (there are plenty of them available in the internet!).
- Make sure you are following the safety procedures to avoid shock or fire hazard. If you are not sure that you can install your Orphek Atlantik iCon by yourself bring a professional with the correct skills to assist you or install the unit(s) for you.
- Do not install your unit(s) near children or animals. Also place the contents of the package far from their reach.
- Do not install your unit(s)with the help of a child or any person who does not have the basic skills and does not know the basic safety procedures for installing electrical apparatus.
Electrical shock can cause death.
Electrical shock can often cause internal damage that may not be immediately apparent.
Never look directly into the LEDs. It may cause damage to your eyes!
Reduce Electrical Shock Risk
- Do not work on electrical equipment in a wet area or when touching an object that may provide a hazardous earth ground path.
- Do not immerse your Orphek Atlantik iCon in water. If the unit(s) falls into the water, don’t reach for it! First unplug it and then retrieve it. If electrical components of the unit(s) get wet, unplug the unit(s) immediately.
- Never rely on your memory, read our manual and the safety guide before you start to install your Orphek Atlantik iCon and have it with you for reference during installation.
If you have any questions, or did not understand any information of this guide please kindly contact Orphek Customer Assistance Team.
Epilepsy & Photosensitivity
Exposure to lights at certain intensities or to certain visual patterns can trigger seizures. This condition is known as photosensitive epilepsy. Many people are unaware that they are sensitive to flickering lights or to certain kinds of patterns until they have a seizure. Check with your doctor if you are concerned about light patterns triggering seizures. Although the exposure to blue light is very important to human beings, some people might have sensitive skin or eyes from it. Check with your doctor if you are concerned about a possible sensitivity.
More Tips for Injury Prevention
- Test if your electricity is operating correctly in the area installed and switches it off before installing your Orphek Atlantik iCon.
- Ensure equipment, tools and equipment are in good operating condition.
- Never use equipment, tools or equipments that are in disrepair or not properly maintained.
- Ensure electrical components (switches, resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, etc.) are appropriate for the circuit or apparatus.
- Never overload circuits.
- Never leave unprotected systems unattended.
- Never place containers of liquid on electrical systems.
- Ensure to turn off the power supply first before disassembling the circuit.
- Use only tools and equipment with non-conducting handles when working on electrical devices.
- Never use metallic pencils or rulers, or wear rings or metal watchbands when working with electrical equipment.
- When it is necessary to handle equipment that is plugged in, be sure hands are dry and, when possible, wear nonconductive gloves and shoes with insulated soles.
- If water or a chemical is spilled onto equipment, shut off power at the main switch or circuit breaker and unplug the equipment.
These are some of the safety tips. Orphek cannot provide you a full guide. Please check a complete electrical safety guide for all the safety rules of electrical installation procedures).
Orphek warranty policy does not cover damage to products or loss of components incurred in shipping of the product(s). Orphek has chosen carefully its transportation & delivery partners, but sometimes damage may occur for many reasons. In this case you should verify our shipping policies provided in our website: https://orphek.com/contacts/warranty/ We strongly advice you to open your package(s) in front of the person delivering it (them) to check for damages. If you unfortunately do find damages or missing components, please take photos and make the person delivering the package(s) sign for these damages ▲ Ensure all accessories are included in the box. If any component is missing, please contact Orphek or the retailer and inform of any missing components ▲ Do not open the package(s) with a craft knife or edged tool – it may damage you unit(s) ▲ Do not use the unit(s) for other than intended use (Check our warranty policies)
▲Do not drop your unit(s) ▲ Check instructions for maintenance and cleaning your unit(s) ▲ Your Orphek Atlantik iCon comes with an Orphek power supply – do not use another power supply from any other company ▲ Do not use extension cables provided by any other company. If extension cables and cords are needed, contact Orphek for a price quotation. (Check our warranty policies before installing your unit(s)) ▲ Do not replace the LEDs, the built-in battery or any part of your unit for components not provided/sold by Orphek LED Lighting company (Check our warranty policies), before, during or after installing your unit(s) ▲ Your Orphek Atlantik iCon is not waterproof. Water can permanently damage it. This damage is not covered under the warranty. Protect these components from splashes, drips, or other contact with water.
Safety Instructions for Installing your Orphek Atlantik iCon
1. Assemble the mounting option you have chosen and pre- install it using the instructions provided with the mounting kit before installing your Orphek light(s).
2. Double check if the mounting option is well installed to avoid personal injuries or to
avoid dropping/breaking your unit(s).
3. Carefully unpack unit(s) and components from box. We suggest setting the unit(s) with the LED’s facing up on a soft towel or carpet to ensure the housing is not scratched or damaged.
4. Carefully examine your Orphek Atlantik iCon after installation and before you plug it into the GFCI and wall outlet.
5. Never plug in a wet cord. If a plugged in unit or socket does get wet, don’t touch it. Instead, promptly disconnect the fuse or circuit breaker that supplies power to the unit(s). Then, you may unplug the unit(s) and examine for the presence of water.
6. A “drip-loop” should be employed for each cord connecting a unit to outlet. A “drip-loop” is the part of the cord below the level of the GFCI outlet (or the connector if an extension cord), to prevent water from traveling along the cord and coming in contact with the outlet. If the plug or outlet does get wet, don’t unplug the cord. Disconnect the fuse or circuit breaker that supplies power to the unit, then unplug and examine for presence of water in the outlet.
7. Do not install, operate your unit(s) in places to be exposed to temperatures below 0º Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit or above 50º Celsius or 122 Fahrenheit.
8. Ensure the unit(s) is securely installed before supplying power to the unit.
9. DO NOT use any form of alcohol or solvent to clean your Orphek Atlantik iCon.
10. Never place any objects or instruments on top of your unit(s) ordinances.
11. Do not pull or cut the cord.
Safety Instructions for Storing your Orphek Atlantik iCon
Improper storage will damage temporarily or permanently your Orphek Atlantik iCon unit(s) (Please check for our warranty policies before storing your Orphek products) ▲ Please keep the original package(s) to store the unit(s).
1. Please store your unit(s) placed on a plain surface.
2. Do not place any heavy object or heavy packages on your unit(s) package(s).
3. Do not store your unit(s) in places to be exposed to temperatures below 0º Celsius or 32 Fahrenheit or above 50º Celsius or 122 Fahrenheit.
4. Do not store your unit(s) in a wet or humid place or exposed to dust.
5. Do not store your unit(s) in a place close to children or animal reach.
6. Do not store your unit(s) close to any kind of chemical or corrosive liquids, cleaning products, bleach, pool cleaning or maintenance product, etc…
Safety Instructions for Cleaning your Orphek Atlantik iCon
Improper cleaning will damage temporarily or permanently your Orphek Atlantik iCon unit(s) (Please check for our warranty policies before cleaning your Orphek products)
- Do not clean your unit(s) when turned on.
- Do not apply excessive wiping pressure or your body weight on the unit(s) to clean it (them).
- Do not use dirty, abrasive or linty cloths.
- Do not use any alcohol except isopropyl alcohol.
- Do not use any cleaners, such as acetone, which contain ketones, as they will destroy the acrylic and the metal surfaces.
- Do not use ammonia-cleaning products.
- Do not use metal or any kind polishing to clean your unit.
- Do not allow liquid to run into the air exits (fans) or inside the metal grill.
- Do not use sponges to clean your unit(s), they will scratch the surfaces and damage it.
- Do not you sharp tools in attempt to clean your unit(s).
How to clean your Orphek Atlantik iCon
- Read the special considerations above.
- Turn your unit(s) off and allow it (them) to cool.
- Make sure your cloth is dry, clean and free of any grit before starting.
- Using light pressure wipe the acrylic surfaces to evenly remove any humidity or dust.
- Be very careful when cleaning the bottom side where the LEDs are placed! Do not turn the unit(s) to clean.
- If possible uninstall each and every unit before cleaning.
- Wipe gently and do not overwork or apply excessive pressure to avoid damaging the LEDs.
- Finally clean the edges and corners by lifting any dust or debris onto the cloth or use a clean soft brush.
- Do not pull cords while cleaning your unit(s).
Remember: Keeping your units clean is very important to keep your Orphek Atlantik iCon running well, but over or unnecessary cleaning may cause temporarily or permanently damage! So don’t over do it!